If you are a frequent flier or want to know the status of your flight even when on the other side of the world, then flight tracking apps are essential. Everyone loves to travel, but the hassle of planning could be a mood spoiler. What if we tell you that you can enjoy traveling without the hassle of planning? Yes, that’s possible with flight tracking apps for Android and iOS. These apps make it easy for you to track the location of your flights to ensure everything is going smoothly.
Flight tracking apps are increasingly useful to anyone who flies, whether for business or pleasure. Because there has been so much advancement in the area, it’s necessary to look at the different apps currently available on the market and evaluate which ones are the best regardless of your preferences. Although people often prefer one platform over another due to personal preferences, this guide will help you decide which flight tracking app is your best option.
Also Read: Best Time Tracking Apps for Android
Best Flight Tracking Apps for Android and iOS
It is best to monitor issues such as delays, last-minute gate shifts, or even emergency announcements, specifically during a stressful flight. Moving quickly through each adjustment is preferable to being surprised by unforeseen delays or notifications. That is why these 10 best flight tracking apps for Android and iOS are so handy.
In this post, we’ve compiled a list of the best flight tracking apps you can use to get real-time flight updates from the comfort of your smartphone.
1. Flight Aware
Flight Aware is one of the best flight monitoring apps for iOS and Android available in the market. This application provides all flight information at the right time, so you never fall behind. You will always be informed about important events thanks to the customized alerts, including flight departure/arrival info, flight cancellation, delays, and gate changes.
App Size: 12.46MB in Android & 59.3MB in iOS. Requires: Android version 4.4 and up & iOS 14.4 or later. Version: 5.7.3 in Android & 6.5.0 in iOS.
- Uses NEXRAD radar overlay to improve flight tracking and push notifications.
- Additionally shows real-time weather statistics.
- Displays flight status in real-time.
- Personalized flight departure and arrival notifications.
Download Flight Aware on Android & iOS
Also Read: How to Transfer WhatsApp Data From Android To iPhone Officially
2. FlightRadar 24
Flight radar24 is a well-known flight-tracking app used in over 150 countries. With it, you can closely monitor global flight trends and monitor your journey. In addition to this, you can view the flight using the 3D representation. You may quickly obtain numerous facts about a flight, including the aircraft type, departure time, and predicted arrival time.
App Size: 56MB in Android & 207MB in iOS. Requires: Android version 4.4 and up & iOS 12.2 or later. Version: 8.18.8 in Android & 8.18.5 in iOS.
- Allows for the 3D presentation of flight data.
- A feature for online flight booking.
- Provides current information on all flights worldwide.
- Can take down a list of every flight you’ve checked in the last 365 days.
Download FlightRadar 24 on Android & iOS
Also Read: Best Free Macro Tracking Apps
3. Flight Stats
FlightStats is another excellent free plane tracking app available for both Android & iOS. This flight tracker application provides a smooth experience by giving comprehensive and detailed global flight status by aircraft number, airport, and route. You can effortlessly search for any information thanks to the simple user interface.
App Size: 7.3MB in Android & 41.4MB in iOS. Requires: Android version 8.0 and up & iOS 12.0 or later. Version: 3.3.4 in Android & 3.4.8 in iOS.
- The user interface is lovely, clean, and easy to use.
- Comprehensive global flight status.
- For iOS users, a Siri shortcut is available for simple control.
- Works with the Apple Watch also.
Download Flight Stats on Android & iOS
Read Also: How To Set Up Android Studio on Windows 10 and 11
4. The Flight Tracker
The Flight Tracker app has a simple user interface for easy access to current flight information. Any flight around the globe can be monitored, and arrivals and departures information, as well as aircraft details and seat charts, can also be viewed. You may tweak the app to allow you to keep a record of any flight and get specific arrival and departure information based on your goals.
App Size: 22MB in Android & 150.6MB in iOS. Requires: Android version 5.0 and up & iOS 13.0 or later. Version: 2.6.7 in Android & 4.4.4 in iOS.
- Can see Terminal and Gate changes in real-time.
- Quickly check the weather where you’re going.
- Can synchronize with your calendar.
- Information about Arrival and Departure in detail.
Download The Flight Tracker on Android & iOS
5. Plane Finder
Due to its variety of features, the Plane Finder app is particularly well-liked among its users. Plane Finder displays real-time moving airplanes on a global map. Additionally, it uses augmented reality to enable you to recognize planes flying in the sky using the camera on your smartphone. In addition, Plane Finder enables you to observe real-time air traffic patterns, operational days, and the whole flight history.
App Size: 4.6MB in Android & 202.2MB in iOS. Requires: Android version 5.0 and up & iOS 14.0 or later. Version: 7.8.3 in Android & 14.8.5 in iOS.
- Built-in GPS for a simple route-based position estimate.
- Easy access to all flight history.
- Can get current weather reports.
- Timely updates on current aviation traffic trends.
Download Pane Finder on iOS
Best Flight Tracking Apps For Android
6. Flight Board
You will like the Flight Board App if you favor simplistic styles. The Android flight tracking app has a straightforward user interface that makes it easy to obtain all the crucial flight statistics. By flight number, location, or airline, you may search for a certain trip. With information on 16,000 airports & 1,400 airlines, it offers a global solution for regular travelers everywhere.
App Size: 7.7MB Requires: Android version 9 and up. Version: 6.7
- User interface and design that can be individualized and simple to use.
- Provides current reports on both domestic and international flights.
- Displays the seat allocations for flights for easy booking.
- Real-time flight data are available for all of your preferred airports.
Download Flight Board.
7. ADSB Flight Tracker
Observing and monitoring aircraft in the radar format distinguishes ADSB from other flight tracking applications. It provides the exact time, route, pace, and height of your current journey in real-time by utilizing the GPS feature of your device. You may select airplane data to track particular flights and associated information based on your needs.
App Size: 253MB Requires: Android version 5.0 and up. Version: 34.6.4
- Proximity notices: indicates how close you are to your location.
- More than a thousand commercial and military aircraft are in 3D view mode.
- Allows for the global tracking of aircraft positions using GPS.
- You may also turn your smartphone completely 360 degrees to see where planes are located.
Download ADSB Flight Tracker
Best Flight Tracking Apps For iOS
Its distinctive and straightforward user interface is a big part of why this is one of the finest flight monitoring applications for iOS. Since there is nothing to teach, anyone, even a beginner, can easily use this app. The application displays real-time flight routes and a pilot flight schedule and has a smoother and snappier user experience. To help you get to your location quickly, it offers TripIt sync, taxi timetables, mail forwarding, & even check-in assistance.
App Size: 61.6MB Requires: iOS version 14.0 or later. Version: 2.4.2
- Alerts for canceled or delayed incoming flights
- Worldwide coverage is available 24/7/365.
- Real-time flight path monitoring is simple.
- Can integrate Flighty with your calendar.
9. Flightview Flight Tracker
The iOS app Flightview Flight Tracker has a tonne of fantastic features. For example, the push notification functionality sends consumers timely updates on flight status and weather conditions. Along with the most recent flight information, users may access a live display that shows where the airplane is about other parameters such as speed, direction, and altitude.
App Size: 61MB Requires: iOS version 12.3 or later. Version: 4.0.17
- Information on flight conditions in real-time at all major airports globally.
- Built-in Google map function for easy tracking of your whereabouts while traveling.
- Weather forecasting in real-time.
- Integration of iPhone Maps with driving directions to the airport.
Download Flightview Flight Tracker
10. Live Flight Status
An app that tracks flights and provides the most recent projected departure and arrival timings, gate numbers, and, upon arrival, the location of the baggage claim carousel. Whether you are seeing somebody at the airport and need to know if the aircraft is delayed, Live Flight Status is ideal for monitoring the progress of your friends’ and family members’ flights.
App Size: 44.3MB Requires: iOS version 9.1 or later. Version: 1.3
- You can find your flight using the app’s simple interface.
- It includes more than 92 percent of all flights worldwide.
- Detailed arrival and departure information, including terminal and gate numbers.
- The data is incorporated by merging real-time flight information from the two top data sources, Flight Stats and Flight Aware.
Download Live Flight Status
To Wrap This Up
These are the 10 best flight tracking apps for Android and iOS, so use them to stay up to date on flight status in real-time. Any flight tracker applications mentioned above may be used to keep track of your flight, whether you’re using an Android or iOS smartphone. Anyhow, which flight tracking apps have you decided to install on your phone? And let us know the name of your favorite app for tracking your flights in the comments below.
Conclusion: So above is the 10 Best Flight Tracking Apps for Android and iOS article. Hopefully with this article you can help you in life, always follow and read our good articles on the website: natuts.com