For marketing on social media platforms, such as Insta, you must be careful with your biggest opponent-Insta shadowban. It can restrict your account through algorithms and reduce exposure, even if you don’t even notice.
Regardless of whether the number of views of your Insta posts has dropped sharply or not, it may be that Insta has shadowed your account.
What is the Instagram shadow ban?
This is the situation where the Insta platform restricts your content from appearing on the platform and hides or restricts your posts. The platform failed to recommend your post to users in the first place. For this reason, you and other users cannot find your posts by searching hashtags, even though Instagram claims that there is no such thing.
In other words, shadowbanning refers to the situation where Instagram prevents your content from gaining the required exposure, sometimes you don’t even know it. This means that only people who follow you can see your content in their Instagram feeds.
How to check if I am under shadow ban?
1. Hashtag search test
It’s easy to use the hashtag search test to determine if Instagram has shadowed you. You first publish hashtags from your account. After doing this, ask others who are not your followers to search for your post.
Or, you can log in to another account from another device to search for your posts. If your posts are not visible in other accounts that do not follow you, then you may be under a shadow ban.
2. Check the hashtags of your posts
If you use banned or damaged hashtags, you can easily be blocked by Instagram. Therefore, if you suspect that Instagram is blocking your visibility, it is best to check the hashtags of your posts. Check the search results page for all the hashtags you used in 10-15 posts.
If you are told that a post using a given hashtag has been hidden for security reasons, then the hashtag will be broken or banned. Therefore, this may be the reason why your account is shadowed.
3. View Instagram insight data
You can check your Instagram analysis to determine whether Instagram has shadowed you. For example, you can view trends in impressions, profile visits, and other impressions to see if your account is growing.
If you realize that your account’s participation rate has suddenly dropped, then Instagram may have secretly banned you.
4. Use third-party tools to test shadowban
You can also use third-party tools such as Heist and Triberr to analyze your account to see if you have been hacked by Instagram. These tools can help you identify the hashtags that caused your account to be shadowed.
Why am I being banned by the shadow (what triggered the shadow ban?)
- Post inappropriate content that does not comply with the community guidelines (pornography, violence, abusive content, etc.)
- Used to use bots on Instagram to promote your account growth. Some marketers use bots to increase the visibility and engagement of their accounts, which is contrary to Instagram’s terms and conditions. Doing so will trigger a shadow ban.
- If you use many unrelated hashtags to increase your visibility on Insta, using too many hashtags on Instagram may cause your account to be blocked; this is a red flag.
- You use the same hashtag in all posts. This may seem rubbish, Instagram can let you into Shadowban. If many people click “Don’t show this label” on your post, you may suffer the same fate.
- If you use posts on banned or damaged hashtags, Instagram may block you.
- Other users keep reporting your account. You should avoid posting content that might cause others to report you to Instagram to prevent your account from being flagged.
How to remove Insta shadow ban
- Stop activities that violate the Insta platform terms of service. The Instagram community rules have many requirements. Check whether your account or behavior violates the rules. Make sure your account is always “clean”.
- Suspend the use of Insta promotion services and robots. If you use promotional services and robots to increase your account, you are likely to get Shadowban. Stop using third-party services and Instagram will lift the ban.
- Check your hashtags and make sure they do not violate Instagram terms and conditions.
- Avoid using some banned hashtags. If you stop using banned or broken hashtags to make your content visible, Instagram will eventually remove the shadow ban from your account.
- Contact Insta customer service staff. You can send a message to Instagram to request the removal of the shadow ban. The customer service staff will respond accordingly.
- Stop simple operations, such as posting general comments. Instead, you should be careful when managing your account and only post genuine comments.
- Do not post, like or comment frequently; otherwise, Insta will define your behavior as a robot account. In other words, you should not overwork or overwork when trying to increase your account.
- Give your Instagram account a break. If you suspect or confirm that your account has been shadowed, you should rest for at least 48 hours. In this way, you can help eliminate the damage and start over.
- An account that has not been used for a month. This is necessary if your account is severely damaged. Doing so allows the system to rest and start again. This is necessary if you have been using bots and promotional services to increase your account, or you have been buying followers.
1. How long will shadowban or Insta last?
There is no official data that they have banned; we speculate that this period may last about three weeks. However, you can shorten the duration by ensuring that the Instagram terms and conditions are not violated.
2. When is my account at high risk of being blocked by Instagram?
If you use bots and promotional services to expand your account, the possibility of your account being blocked by Insta is very high. This can easily happen if you hire someone else to manage your Instagram account.