When entering a store or surfing an e-commerce site, you can easily come across a number of products labeled “Bestseller”. So, how is Bestseller defined and what is it used for? Let’s find out with Thuthuatphanmem.vn.
1. What is Bestseller?
Bestseller is a compound word that combines the meaning of “best” and “seller”. That makes it easy for us to imagine that bestseller means “best seller”.
However, “bestseller” is a noun Commonly used to mean: This is a very popular product and has sold in huge numbers. To put it more succinctly selling products.
This is the reason why stores and supermarkets label “bestseller” for their outstanding and best-selling products. This creates the effect of attracting customers, helping customers quickly trust and choose to buy the product.
Some examples of usage bestseller in English:
- JK Rowling’s “Harry Potter” novels are all bestsellers. – JK Rowling’s Harry Potter novels are all bestsellers.
- His bagless vacuum cleaner soon became a bestseller. – His bagless vacuum cleaner quickly became a bestseller.
- It’s still a bestseller around the world. – It is still the best-selling product in the world.
- Two million copies have sold, and it has been on the New York Times best seller list for four years. – Two million copies have been sold, and that book has been on the New York Times bestseller list for four years.
2. Some sales vocabulary that you should know
Here are some words related to “bestseller” that you should know to expand your English:
- Best-selling (adj): best-selling.
- Brand (n): brand.
- Buyer (n): the buyer.
- Client (n): the customer buys the service.
- Close (v): close a deal, close the deal.
- Cold call (v): calling a potential customer without prior contact.
- Customer (n): a customer who purchases goods or services from a store or business.
- Deal (n): deal.
- Discount (n): discount (usually accompanied by a percentage).
- Follow up (v): continue to follow up persistently, to maintain contact.
- Guarantee (n): warranty.
- In bulk: in bulk, usually at a lower price (wholesale).
- Objection (n): the reason given by the potential customer to refuse the purchase.
- Product(n): product.
- Prospect (n): potential customers.
- Representative (n): a sales representative.
- Retail (v): retail.
- Service: service.
- Seller (n): the person who sells goods.
- USP(n): Unique Selling Proposition – a feature that makes a product or service stand out digitally from competitors, such as lowest price, highest quality, best design, etc.
- Wholesale (v): wholesale, sell in bulk.
Above, Thuthuatphanmem.vn helped you learn what “bestseller” is in English and how to use it. To understand more interesting words, please follow the category Define by Thuthuatphanmem.vn okay! Good luck!