Currently, the concept of LGBT is no longer strange to young people in Vietnam in particular and in the world in general.
People of the LGBT community have become more confident with their true gender, they are increasingly showing their abilities and contributing to the community and society more.
So what do you already understand about the LGBT community? Well, if you are looking to learn more, today, let’s share Knowledge Blog to learn a little bit about LGBT and the LGBT community.
#first. What is LGBT?
LGBT has been known since the last years of the twentieth century (since the 1990s). With 4 gender representations mentioned are:
- OFFER (Lesbian) means lesbian (female)
- WOOD (Gay) refers to people who are homosexual (males like men)
- REMOVE (Bisexual) are people who are bisexual (men love women and men, women love men and women)
- BILLION (Transgender) is the type of person who is transgender (from male to female or from female to male).
The identification of these sex groups is quite complicated. Because the number of LGBT people is not much and it is difficult to distinguish them. There are some people who are Bisexual but spontaneously become heterosexual like normal people (male-to-female or female-to-male).
On the other hand, a few cases belong to the clonal group. That is, they have no need to love someone of the same or opposite sex, etc. And certainly identifying this group of people is very complicated, because love feelings will come at any time.
Each country and territory will have different conceptions and regulations on LGBT. It can be in agreement and support, it can also be against and condemnation, etc. However, no matter what, LGBT deserves respect and proper behavior between people.
=> And a group of people who share the same gender characteristics as above is called an LGBT community.
#2. Terms in the LGBT community
In addition to the terms Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Bisexua, there are many other terms in the LGBT world. Examples are:
- Andro used by Lesbians when they want to distinguish themselves as Male or Female in this relationship.
- Androgyne are those who have the aura of both Male and Female but cannot determine whether they are Male or Female.
- Androgyny are people who express both sexes in a style (used a lot in fashion design).
- Asexual also known as asexual, someone who is not attracted to or is less attracted to emotionally, or sexually, to any object.
- Butch refer to lesbians who have a strong, muscular appearance and dress like strong men.
- Soft-butch these are lesbians, masculine in appearance but weaker than butch. At the same time, in relationships they often play the role of the weaker sex.
- Come out is a phrase that members of the LGBT community often use to publicize their sexual orientation or gender identity. This is certainly not a simple and quick process. At the same time, the community and society need to sympathize and share with the people who come out.
- LGBTQ with Q (Queer- people who have not identified their gender or do not recognize themselves as L, G, B or T)
- LGBTQIA+: Where Q is Queer (who has not yet identified her gender or does not recognize herself as L, G, B or T); I is Intersex ((intersex), A is Asexual (asexual). These are people with diverse emotional and sexual orientations.
- Homophobia (homophobia) refers to people who act negatively and have a strong dislike for the LGBT community
- Ex-gay Men who have sexual orientation and affection towards people of the same sex
- Gei to refer to girls who like the opposite sex, but temporarily they may like the same sex (may be due to admiration for appearance, personality …)
- Intersex are homosexuals, which means they have a physical appearance that does not match their true gender. For example, a person has a male appearance, but has a pet, ovaries, reproductive organs… And vice versa.
- Sexting is a trend of taking hot pictures or sexually related content and sending them to each other.
- Tomboy refers to girls who have the same personality and behavior as Men (hair, dress style, etc.).
#3. The meaning of the 6-color flag of the LGBT community?
The 6-color flag, also known as the green flag, is a typical symbol representing the LGBT community. Includes colors like Orange Red, Yellow, Green, Cyan Blue and Purple.
Originating from the event of June 26, 2017, the US passed a law allowing same-sex couples to get married.
This is really a big turning point for the LGBT community, showing that the society has opened up and gradually accepted gay people. They have more voice, are treated fairly, and are more confident with their gender.
#4. Outstanding events of the LGBT community in Vietnam
In recent years, events and activities of the LGBT community have had a significant impact on society.
Especially social activities such as charity, reality TV shows, videos, articles on media sites, social networks…
In the above events, Knowledge Sharing Blog would like to send to you the most outstanding events of the LGBT community in Vietnam.
- VietPride Parade Day: This is the first festival in 2012 of the LGBT community. The parade aims to honor the freedom of each individual. This color event has changed society’s gaze towards the LGBT community in a more positive direction.
- Movies like “Lotto”, “Hot boy rebel” are shown on entertainment channels. The characteristics of these films are profound and reflect the true feelings of the LGBT community.
- On January 1, 2015, Vietnam’s Law on Marriage and Family does not prohibit people of the same sex from marrying, but “The State does not recognize marriage between people of the same sex”. That means they can live together but will not be resolved by the law if there is a dispute.
#5. Vietnamese stars openly are members of the LGBT community
Although the term LGBT is not too strange anymore. However, not everyone is strong and brave enough to reveal their true gender to everyone around.
The achievements that Vietnamese stars, famous people in the LGBT community and programs have been able to positively inspire the public, there are some names to mention such as:
- Miss International Huong Giang: Yes, in 2010, she was known as a singer with the stage name Huong Giang idol. Gradually, in 2012, she returned with a sharper and more beautiful girlish appearance. And in 2018, Huong Giang was officially crowned Miss International Transgender. Lien years later, with her actions, Huong Giang has brought about the most positive and powerful thought in the transgender community.
- Dao Ba Loc is a singer with an inspiring voice and unique fashion style. In 2017, he openly revealed that he belongs to the LGBT community. And now, Dao Ba Loc is loved by many women because she is a beauty blogger with a beautiful appearance and a sweet way of talking.
- Lam Khanh Chi was previously known as the most popular male singer in showbiz with many cult hits. But exactly 6 years later (in 2006), Lam Chi Khanh (former name of Lam Khanh Chi) returned with a new stage name and a new person. With her own efforts, she has been devoting herself to the community and society.
However, today’s society does not really support and empathize with the different genders. But we also can’t deny that the LGBT community has been dedicating themselves and spreading that positivity to everyone.
Personally, I think no matter what gender they are, they are global citizens who are still working and dedicating day by day. Let’s really sympathize and empathize with their thoughts, to build a fair and developed society together.
Hope the knowledge in this article will be useful to you, have a nice day and have a lot of new knowledge 🙂
CTV: Huong Mai – Blogchiasekienthuc.com
Note: Was this article helpful to you? Don’t forget to rate the article, like and share it with your friends and family!