Every New Year’s Eve is also the time when the family gathers around the fiery pot of banh chung and banh tet, telling each other the stories of an old year that is about to pass. Today, diners can easily enjoy this delicious dish whenever and especially, the dish Can Tho Tet cake With a slight twist, it has a beautiful appearance and original taste. Together Kenhhomestay.com Learn about this traditional Tet cake in Can Tho!
MAYBE YOU ARE INTERESTED:
MAIN CONTENTS OF THE ARTICLE:
About Can Tho Tet cake
Like other traditional cakes in Vietnam, usually banh tet in Can Tho will be featured in many daily trays. With eye-catching colors, beautiful round cake compartments accentuate the Western tray.
According to Vietnamese tradition, banh tet was born in the story of Lang Lieu – The prince of Hung King but did not have much, was told by his ancestors to give the cake to the King. Banh tet has a long cylindrical shape, the outside is wrapped by banana leaves, wrapped with flexible loose fibers and inside is sticky rice, green beans and pork.
However, in the West, people think that Can Tho Tet cake was created by the Huynh family based on the original of the Northern Banh Chung. The cake is kept the basic ingredients, adding a few ingredients to add more deliciousness such as coconut milk, salted eggs, etc.
When making banh tet, bakers need to choose fresh, qualified ingredients to ensure the cake can reach the most perfect taste. The type of sticky rice used for the dish Banh tet Usually sticky rice with characteristic aromatic plasticity, pork will be selected fresh, moderately lean, soft pieces of meat and green bean filling will be selected from green beans that are evenly grained, round and smooth, …
The cake is cooked for a long time, usually 8 to 10 hours, making the sticky rice soft, the meat soft and the green beans smooth. Cut the cake, you will feel the aroma of the ingredients, bite into a piece of cake and the flavors blend, making you eat all the time without feeling bored.
Types of Tet cakes in Can Tho
Outside Can Tho Tet cake Traditionally, people also transform the cake into many different types, bringing many delicious flavors to meet the needs of many different customers. In general, people will classify banh tet based on the filling, which are mainly types such as:
- Mixed tet cake: A type of cake made with many kinds of fillings such as pork, green beans, salted duck eggs, sausages, ..
- Fat tet cake: Instead of using moderately lean meat like banh tet in traditional Can Tho, people will replace it with fatty meat to make the cake more greasy.
- Banh Tet with beans and bananas: This cake is suitable for vegetarians with vegan ingredients, replacing meat with beans and bananas, bringing natural sweetness and irresistible deliciousness.
Some places to buy delicious Can Tho Tet cake
Traveling to Can Tho, enjoying and buying Can Tho leaf tet cake Definitely a must try when visiting this city. Some places to buy Can Tho Tet cake delicious Kenhhomestay.com Introduced below will be a prestigious address for visitors to enjoy and buy Tet cakes as gifts.
Can Tho Tu Nice Cakes
At Mrs. Tu Dep Can Tho restaurant, in addition to traditional banh tet, Ninh Kieu Can Tho leaf tet cake visitors can also find Can Tho 3-color Tet cake here. The cake is fragrant, the colors are eye-catching and the shapes of the cakes are carefully wrapped, detailed and beautiful.
The banh tet here will be made with a weight of about 0.8kg to 0.85kg, of moderate size and taste. In addition, Can Tho Tu Dep Tet cake will be wrapped with dong leaves instead of banana leaves, bringing a very specific flavor. The cake is filled with pork, green beans, and salted eggs, covered with colorful sticky rice that is very eye-catching.
- Address: No. 102 Hai Ba Trung Street, Tan An Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City.
- Opening hours: 06:30 – 21:00
- Reference price: About 100 thousand VND for a cake.
Nam Hoa Tet cake
The standard homemade cakes with delicious taste, pliable and standard as well as ensuring cleanliness and food safety. Banh tet with a firm outer shell, large and smooth glutinous rice wrapped around a rich, medium-tasting filling. Eating a piece of banh tet, accompanied by a piece of sour and spicy onion pickle, will remind you of the taste of the Tet holiday.
- Address: No. 150 Hai Ba Trung Street, Tan An Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City.
- Opening hours: From 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- Reference price: About 100 thousand VND/stroke.
Ba Chau Tet cake
Famous for the Can Tho leaf tet cakeBa Chau cake shop is also one of the families that make Tet cakes with a long tradition. The ingredients are carefully selected, with skillful skillful hands, making delicious, round and beautiful Tet cakes.
After the cake is cooked, let it drain to help the cake to be preserved for a longer time and will be carefully and cleanly packed for customers to take away. In addition, Ba Chau Tet cake shop also accepts quantity orders Can Tho Tet cake large for parties, banquets, … and delivered to neighboring provinces.
- Address: No. 158 Rach Ong Kinh Street, Long Tuyen Ward, Binh Thuy District, Can Tho City.
- Opening hours: 06:30 – 21:30
- Reference price: About 80,000 VND/cake.
Chin Cam Tet cake
Another family has a tradition of making banh tet with Can Tho flavor. Chin Cam tet cake is made from sticky rice with delicious taste and characteristic aroma, fresh pork and green beans, fragrant salted eggs. The cake is boiled for just the right amount of time to get the right consistency, neither cooked nor raw. The filling will be seasoned to taste, with a rich part to blend with the taste of sticky sticky rice.
- Address: No. 14 Phan Dinh Phung Street, Tan An Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City.
- Opening hours: From 6 a.m. to 9 p.m
- Reference price: About 40,000 VND
Mrs. Huynh Thi Trong Tet cake
Is a banh tet shop believed by Can Tho people to be the creator of the dish Can Tho Tet cake delicious, the bakery keeps its brand name and long-established reputation. The crust with an eye-catching purple color, the inside and layer of green beans surround the salted egg and large meat. When cutting the cake, you will easily see the color of the cake is divided into three clear, very aesthetic circles.
Visitors to Can Tho can buy banh tet in Can Tho at Mrs. Huynh Thi Trong’s banh tet shop as a gift or can order delivery if you’re in the neighboring provinces of Can Tho and in Ho Chi Minh City. .
- Address: No. 56 Thai Thi Nhan Street, An Thoi Ward, Binh Thuy District, Can Tho City.
- Opening hours: From 6:30 to 19:30 every day
- Reference price: About 90 thousand / cake.
Tet cake at Cai Rang floating market
While visiting Cai Rang floating market, it is not difficult for visitors to find the boats Banh tet with a variety of delicious flavors. Boats are often sold during the operating hours of the floating market, usually from 4 am to about 9 am.
Can Tho specialty store
A shop that is too familiar to tourists when visiting Can Tho. This place sells all kinds of souvenirs, Can Tho specialties to give as gifts, etc. Banh tet in the shop is imported from reputable workshops and bakeries in Can Tho city and sold within a day. , ensuring the freshness and deliciousness of each cake.
- Address: No. 176H Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Tan An Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City.
- Opening hours: From 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- Reference price: About 80,000 VND for a cake weighing 800g
Buy Tet cakes in Can Tho at the markets
In addition to going to famous bakeries, visitors can also refer to a few markets in Can Tho that sell this specialty cake as follows:
- An Binh Market – Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City
- An Lac Market – Tan An Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City.
- Tan An Market – Hai Ba Trung Street, Tan An Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City
- Xuan Khanh Market – 30/4 Street, Xuan Khanh Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City
- Tran Phu Market – Tran Phu Street, Cai Khe Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City
Ut Tet leaf tet cake
If you do not have the opportunity to come to Can Tho, you can also refer to buy Can Tho Tet cake at Ut Tet’s tet cake shop. In addition to banh tet, the shop also has Can Tho tri-color banh tet with the traditional light green color, the inside is the color of Camellia leaves, followed by the yellow color of green beans and a rich salty filling. However, the number of customers buying cakes at the shop is very large, so if you have a need to order cakes in large quantities, you should order early with the store.
- Address: No. 268 Le Hong Phong Street, Ward 4, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Opening hours: From 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. daily.
- Reference price: 90 thousand VND/cake
Mother Home’s Tet cake shop
One more address for visitors to choose to buy Can Tho specialty banh tet in Ho Chi Minh City. The bakery is located right in the city center, very easy for visitors to find.
Banh tet at Mother Que cake shop is made with a variety of tet cakes such as tet cakes, Can Tho five-color Tet cake With a variety of fillings from salty, mixed, fat to sweet fillings such as bananas, beans, etc. .
- Address: No. 267 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Hours of Operation: From 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily
- Reference price: About 90 thousand VND.
Banh tet in general and banh tet in Can Tho are always traditional flavors that should be preserved. Can Tho Tet cake Not only beautiful but also delicious, it will be an extremely suitable cake in parties or as a special gift. Hope those who buy cake are Kenhhomestay.com mentioned above will help visitors can have more options to buy Banh tet with Camellia leaves in Can Tho.
MAYBE YOU ARE INTERESTED: