The time to post content is critical to the growth of social media attention. Let your posts on Instagram appear in front of people at the right time to increase engagement and conversion rates.
Insta’s monthly active users are as high as 1 billion, so no matter what the content, what type of account, and the content release time should be consistent with the account’s user behavior. Otherwise, the target audience is likely to miss your post.
If you want to find the right time to push, you need to continue reading this article to know the right time to post on Instagram. Once you have determined the right time, you should publish the content half an hour in advance and reserve a buffer exposure time for your posts.
Please note that all times in this article are based on Eastern Time.
Prime time for posting content on Instagram (general)
- Generally speaking, the best time to post on Instagram is at lunchtime or at the end of a typical working day in the U.S. time zone, that is, 1pm and 5pm. That’s when most people have free time to browse Instagram.
- The best time to post video content to Instagram is between 9 pm and 8 am every day, because people are used to browsing information before going to bed.
- The best days to post on Instagram are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Sunday is the worst day, but you can post at 5 pm on Sunday, when most people are back home to prepare for the new week.
- In the news released on Wednesday, Instagram users had the highest level of engagement.
If you post when your users are most active, your posts will be more likely to be noticed by the audience. With good interaction data, Instagram will push it to a higher position on the tab page, resulting in more interactions.
Best time to post on Insta in different countries
- For Pacific Standard Time (PST) and Eastern Standard Time (EST) in the United States, the best time to post on Insta throughout the week is from 8 am to 10 am. This is because most people check the information on their phones before waking up or starting to work.
- The most active event time is between 10 am and 1 pm, so it’s best to post before the most active event starts. If you post after the most active event time, most target audiences are likely to miss your post.
- Compared with the east coast, the activities on the west coast started as early as 5:00 in the morning. Therefore, you should post in advance to target audiences from that region.
- East Coast users are more active around 10:00 PM, and you can optimize your views on Instagram by targeting at that time.
- The overall situation on the East Coast and West Coast is that there is less user activity on Saturday compared to the rest of the week from Monday to Friday. Therefore, if you post on Instagram on Saturday, you may miss your target audience.
- In the UK, the best time to post on Instagram is between 8 am and 11 am
- The most active event in the UK is from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Publish when the activity is most active to keep the content attractive to users for a day.
- One major difference between the US and UK time zones is that users in the UK are more active at noon of the day.
- In Europe, the best release time is between 7 am and 10 am on the entire working day.
- Monday and Tuesday are the best release days, because the most active activities will gradually fade out to the weekend.
- Compared to other times of the week, Saturday has the least activity.
- On weekends, you can post from 9 am to 11 am, because the most active activities on the weekend will begin.
Best time to post on Instagram in different industries
Do you like to post about food? If you want to attract the attention of as many Instagram users as possible, then you should always post your posts before meals. The fan user base of food content must be more interested in eating. Posting time is generally before lunch and before dinner, that is, after 10 am and after 4 pm.
Do not post during the day or night, because food lovers are busy doing other things. When people like to prepare special meals for family and friends, it’s also good to announce the start of a major occasion (such as Christmas). Do not post late at night, because most people may have fallen asleep after eating.
Learning fans must be office workers or college students who check in to study, so the posting time on weekdays is from 9 to 11 in the evening. These people usually don’t have time to browse Insta during the day.
Most of the audience in this category are very busy people, trying to balance work and study. Some people don’t even have free time to make and receive calls during the day, let alone browse Instagram. They are usually free from 9pm until late at night, when they usually use social media platforms.
3: Media and entertainment
Audiences in this industry like short content or short videos that don’t require deep thinking. They look for entertainment content that will not put them under pressure. You can post this content before work in the morning, during lunch break, and after get off work in the evening.
That is between 6 am to 8 am, 12 noon to 2 pm, and 4 pm to 8 pm. Contents that require in-depth reading, thinking, and medium-to-length videos are best released after 9 pm, suitable for late-night thinking.
4: Retail industry
The audience in this industry is people who like to buy things for different purposes. It can be a home, a luxury item, or a gift to others. The best time to post content for this audience on Instagram is between 2pm and 4pm on weekdays. Most people leave the workplace at 4pm and go shopping for some items before going home.
On weekends, you should post at 8 am and 2 pm. Some people like to go shopping after breakfast or lunch. This means that if you post in the morning and afternoon when they check for new items to buy, you are likely to reach your target audience.
If your content is luxury goods and gifts, the best time to post is the day before holidays and Friday, because many social occasions occur on weekends. This means that such viewers will check Instagram posts on Friday to make sure they can buy luxury items for the weekend.
5: Healthcare industry
The best time to publish content in the healthcare industry is in the morning and evening. That is between 6 am to 8 am and from 4 pm to 8 pm. If you have had a bad night, you may be looking for information about your condition in the morning so you can make the right choice. Therefore, if you publish content about health issues early in the morning, you can get more views.
Similarly, if you publish your post between 4pm and 8pm, you can get more views. Many people are not in the workplace during his time, and they can spend some time collecting information about health issues on Instagram. This is common if they feel unwell during the day.
6: Technology Industry
Technology runs the world, and even the Instagram platform relies purely on technology. This makes it difficult to predict when technology enthusiasts will like to visit Instagram. However, trends indicate that users in the technology industry prefer to visit Insta at lunchtime in the evening, from 12 noon to 2 pm, and 4 pm.
Don’t post technical content on weekends, because most users take a break from social media after a busy week. However, if you post before people go to work at 5 AM and 6 AM on Monday, you can get a lot of views. This way, you can attract the attention of those who want to know what happened on the weekend when they were away.
7: Government or non-profit organization
The audience for this industry is most people who work in the government and the private sector. Therefore, the best time to post is when the audience is off work. That is before work in the morning, lunch break, and after get off work in the evening. You should post at 6 AM, 11 AM, 4 PM, and around 8 PM.
Users are also very active shortly before and after the government and NGOs release important news. Do not post late at night, on weekends and major holidays, because the audience is resting, do not expect any important news and updates.
8: Education industry
As a fan of “learning”, the fans of the education industry are students and teachers who are busy during the day, especially during workdays. These audiences have no time to browse Instagram during the day.
Therefore, the best time to post on a working day is between 8pm and 11pm, or around 6am. On weekends and holidays, you can post anytime, because these fans have a lot of free time to browse Instagram.
9: Service Industry
Do you like publishing content in the service industry? The best time to post is early in the morning, lunch break, and evening. That’s between 6 AM, 8 AM, 11 AM and 2 PM, and 7 PM to 9 PM. The target audience is the staff who want help with certain tasks.
Therefore, you should post when they are not busy with work and have free time to browse Instagram. On weekends, you can post on Instagram between 7 AM and 1000 AM.
You need to know when people travel most often to post about the industry on Instagram. This includes vacation trips, vacations, or visiting friends. The best time is morning or evening. It was from 6 in the morning to 8 in the morning, and from 6 in the afternoon to 9 in the evening. The working class can use their morning classes to browse Instagram before going to work.
Or, if they are not looking for something urgent, they can do it in the evening after get off work. It is also wise to post on Friday night, because some people will go out to social events on weekends.
It is wise to post a few days before the start of the main holiday and at the end of the holiday. In this way, you are likely to attract the attention of people who are looking for travel destinations and planning to return home after or after the holidays.
1. What are the factors affecting the push time?
The location of the person posting the content, the work of the target audience, the user’s rest habits, and the quality of the content.
2. Should I post regularly to expand my Instagram account fan base?
Yes, if you want to expand your account, it is important to post on your Insta regularly and keep your followers engaged. Most importantly, you should publish when your target audience is most active and make sure to publish high-quality content.
Insta is more and more important for brand promotion; when its algorithm decides which posts to see in your feed, it tends to be more up-to-date. The posts are arranged strictly in chronological order, but will provide you with fresh content that you may participate in at a specific time.
This means that no matter how many times you refresh, new posts are more likely to appear in your feed first, so when your followers are most likely to be online, you need to make sure your posts are “recent.”
Regardless of the nature of your social media goals, the above suggestions can help develop a content strategy. Just choose the content that meets your needs according to your target audience to get the best results.