Pregnant women should know, anyone can become a victim of fear of miscarriage, stunted baby, no growth, birth defects… To help mothers break that worry. The health blog would like to compile a list of all the foods that should not be eaten during pregnancy. Pregnant women should not eat? Let’s find out together!
Vegetables pregnant women should not eat
- Vegetables shrinkage
- Moringa moringa
- Wormwood, laksa leaves
These are the vegetables listed on the list of vegetables that pregnant women should not eat because they contain substances that increase uterine contractions, which can easily cause miscarriage. Especially in the first 3 months of pregnancy absolutely should not eat.
Fruits that should not be eaten during pregnancy
- Fruits that stimulate uterine contractions, causing miscarriage:
- Green papaya: In addition to stimulating the uterus to contract, it causes abortion. Green papaya also contains papa, which when used will destroy fetal cells
- Bitter melon
- Cat apple
- Longan: Increases blood sugar, easily causes constipation, especially mothers with a history of diabetes should absolutely not eat
- Peach: Limit eating due to hotness
- Green tomatoes: Similar to potatoes, in green tomatoes there is a toxin solanin content of 90-320mg/kg, in ripe tomatoes it is 0-7mg/kg. The riper the tomato, the less solanin
Tubers that pregnant women should not eat
- Potatoes especially sprout potatoes because the potato contains solanine toxin (also known as alkaline organism), the solanin content in the sprout (1.34g/kg) in the potato intestine (0.04-0.07g/kg) and lethal at concentrations greater than 4g/kg. It is estimated that to reach lethal concentrations one would have to eat 4-20 kg of potatoes. Pregnant women eat a lot of potatoes, this substance will accumulate in the body, causing birth defects. If pregnant women are sensitive to solanine, just eat 44-250g of potatoes/day, continuously for many days, can cause abnormal birth defects in the fetus. This substance is almost not reduced through cooking.
- Fried potatoes, sweet potatoes: Potatoes, sweet potatoes are rich in starch, so when processed at high temperatures (fried, baked) will produce acrylamide, a toxic chemical. When pregnant women absorb large amounts of acrylamide, it can cause babies to be born with a lower birth weight, a smaller head circumference, and slow brain development.
Meats that should not be eaten during pregnancy
- Fish high in mercury: blue tuna, swordfish, orange roughy, mackerel, yellow eel, caviar
- Fresh cheese, soft cheese: Cheese is a relatively nutritious food, but this food is also listed in the list of foods that pregnant women should not eat because fresh cheeses made with milk are not perfect. is an ideal habitat for Listeria bacteria. This type of bacteria causes dangerous poisoning that causes miscarriage, premature birth, stillbirth for the fetus.
- Pate: Pate is made from liver and perishable meats, so it’s susceptible to bacteria, especially Listeria.
- Uncooked eggs: Chicken eggs are extremely rich in vitamins and minerals that pregnant women need such as Vitamins A, D, B2, B6, B12, selenium, zinc, folic acid, iron, calcium, omega-3… When eating pregnant women need to cook because, eating uncooked eggs pregnant mothers are at risk of poisoning by salmonella. When this infection will cause increased uterine contractions, leading to premature birth, causing pregnant women to vomit, cause dehydration.
- Smoked meat, ham, spring rolls, sausages: Even after being processed, smoked meat, ham, spring rolls, sausages are very susceptible to Listerin contamination before and during storage.
Drinks pregnant women should not drink
- Unpasteurized milk: Unpasteurized milk is also on the list of foods susceptible to harmful bacteria, especially listerin bacteria. Therefore, pregnant women should choose pasteurized milk to avoid bacterial poisoning.
- Alcoholic beverages: Pregnant women who regularly drink alcoholic beverages will have an increased risk of fetal alcohol syndrome. This syndrome manifests as the baby’s unhealthy development before and after birth, facial deformity, nervous system destruction leading to hearing problems, incomplete physical and brain development. Children with this syndrome often have abnormally small heads and brains, underdeveloped hearts and spines, etc. In addition, drinking alcohol increases the risk of miscarriage and premature birth.
- Should pregnant women drink beer during pregnancy: Some studies have shown that beer contains many vitamins and minerals, so regular use in small doses has a beautifying effect on skin and hair, some mothers also pass on the experience. Drinking beer helps babies have smooth white skin. So should pregnant women drink beer? Surely you already know the negative side effects of alcohol on the fetus. In fact, there are no studies that indicate a safe limit for the fetus when the mother uses alcoholic beverages. That’s why most obstetricians advise mothers to stay away from alcoholic beverages during pregnancy, even if the alcohol content is as low as beer.
Pregnancy is a tough journey. In addition to knowing what pregnant women should not eat. I also have to know if what I drink is really good or not, moms.
Foods pregnant women should limit eating
- Fast food: Not only poor nutrition, fast food also contains a lot of sugar and saturated fat which is not good for the health of mother and baby. Eating a lot of fast food can cause high blood pressure and increase the risk of gestational diabetes
- Canned food: To keep food safe, canned food products must use preservatives, in addition, to increase the attractiveness of dishes, people will often add additives, preservatives. In addition to the risk of harm to health, this is also a favorable environment for Clostridium botulinum bacteria to grow, which can lead to the risk of food poisoning, harmful effects on the environment. Good for the health of mother and baby. In addition, canned food is not guaranteed to have a nutritional balance for the development of the fetus, when using canned food, if you do not choose carefully, it is easy for the mother to buy food. dirty. Therefore, pregnant women should limit the use of this food.
Above are some vegetables, tubers and fruits that pregnant women should not eat during pregnancy. To ensure the healthy development of the fetus. Mothers need to have regular antenatal check-ups. Always remember to ask a nutritionist about pregnancy health, what pregnant women should not eat before applying. Wishing all mothers a healthy baby.