Like any other smart device manufacturer, Fitbit releases software updates for its devices. In addition to the new features and bug fixes that come with the update, the Fitbit update also improves the performance of the device.
Of course, every Fitbit user wants to get the best performance out of their gadget. So, whether you’re a new or old Fitbit user, it’s inevitable that you’ll want to update your gadget’s operating system. Here’s our 2022 guide on how to update your Fitbit device. But first;
Check the version of the Fitbit app on your phone or tablet
Before updating your Fitbit operating system, make sure you have the latest version of the Fitbit app. You need the latest Fitbit app on your phone or tablet. Here’s how to check the Fitbit app version and update if necessary;
step 1: go app Store The location where you downloaded the current Fitbit app.
Step 2: Go to the search bar and search Fitbit† Once you find it and there is an option to update it, renew Your current Fitbit app (if it’s not up to date).
Step 3: tap renew, And the update process will start.
After updating the Fitbit app on your phone, you can go ahead and update your Fitbit device.
How to update your Fitbit device
It may take an hour or more to update your Fitbit gadget. So make sure your device has at least 50% battery charge before starting the process. For safety, we recommend that you keep the gadget in the charging cradle during the update process.
Update your Fitbit device from the mobile app
Updating your Fitbit device via the smartphone app is a simple process. But before you start, please check if an update is available for your Fitbit firmware;
- First, make sure your Fitbit device is synced with the Fitbit app on your phone.
- start up Fitbit app on your phone. If the firmware on your device is out of date, you’ll see a notification near the top of the dashboard notifying you, Firmware update available† Next to it, you’ll find a small pink banner; click it to start updating your Fitbit device to the latest firmware. Keep your Fitbit device next to your phone while updating.
- start your Fitbit app on your phone, then tap account
- Process and choose your Fitbit devicewhich leads you to set up
- If an update is available, you will see a banner indicating Update tracking software.
- Click the Update Tracking Software banner and heed the on-screen prompts. Once the update starts, a message will pop up at the bottom of the screen notifying you that the update is downloading and installing.
After the update is complete, your Fitbit device will restart.
Update your Fitbit device from your computer
You don’t need to install the Fitbit app on your phone to update your Fitbit device. Instead, you can update your device from your computer. Here is what you need to do;
step 1: download and run Fitbit Connect app on your computer.
Step 2: process and log into your Fitbit account.
Step 3: Next, select Troubleshootingwhich will open a new screen where you can check for updates.
the fourth step: If you are using the latest firmware or an update is available for you, the computer will check for updates and notify you.
Step 5: If an update is available for you, follow the prompts to install it.
While the update is running, keep your device next to your computer.
Q: Why is my Fitbit not updating?
Sometimes, firmware updates can fail due to a variety of reasons. If that fails, check that your Fitbit gadget is at least 50% charged. Then try these steps;
- Turn your device off and on again.
- Restart your phone (the one used to update the Fitbit) and try again.
- If that doesn’t help, log into your Fitbit account with another device and try the update again.
If the above process fails, please contact the customer support team.
Q: How do I check if I have a Versa 2 or 3?
The two devices differ in size, with the Versa 3 having a maximum display of 1.58 inches, while the Versa 2 has a maximum display of 1.39 inches.
Q: What is the latest Fitbit 2022?
The latest Fitbit on the market is the Versa 3, which was released in late September 2020. The Versa 4 is expected to be available in August 2022.
Updating your Fitbit device regularly is essential to keep it running smoothly and efficiently. The best way to update your gadget is to use the Fitbit app on your phone. If this doesn’t work for you, try updating from your computer using the Fitbit Connect app.
This concludes our article on “How to update your Fitbit device”. I hope you found it very useful and informative. If you have any questions, please put them in the comments section below.