Download the game on ps4, the waiting time may be enough for you to go shopping in the supermarket in the city center and then come back. How to speed up PS4 download speed?
Now 3A games are generally massive, the battlefield is about 17G, and the wizard 335G. For players, how to increase the download speed can make them play games faster. Unfortunately, some players do not know how to increase the download speed of Ps4.
Well, when using Ps4, you don’t have to wait a whole day to prepare your favorite game. You can use the following basic methods to speed up the download speed of Ps4.
1. Buy faster internet bandwidth
Internet bandwidth refers to “the maximum amount of data that can be transmitted over an Internet connection in a given time.” It is usually calculated in megabits per second (Mbps). Your Ps4 download speed is slower because your internet speed is slower. In this case, the solution is to contact your service provider and upgrade the bandwidth.
2. Use a network cable instead of Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi routers are known for their convenience and ability to support multiple devices, but they are not as stable as wired connections. Therefore, it is best to use an Ethernet cable when downloading Ps4. In this way, compared to using Wi-Fi, it takes less time to prepare for the game.
Ethernet cables provide a more reliable and consistent connection. You can also enjoy lower latency and better speed. When the Ethernet cable cannot be used, I suggest you place the Ps4 close to Wi-Fi, so that you can get a stable and stable connection.
3. Use a game accelerator
You can also use a reputable game accelerator to speed up Ps4 downloads. This is an application that can be installed and improved game performance. The accelerator also improves the speed of Ps4 by enhancing CPU performance and cleaning RAM. This is the procedure on how to do this.
- Purchase a dedicated Ps4 accelerator to increase the download speed, https://uu.163.com/console/
- Make sure that your PC and Ps4 are connected to the same router via a wireless connection using an Ethernet cable.
- Install the game accelerator (uu), view the accelerated game in ps4, select psn update/game download.
- Wait for the acceleration to complete so that you can obtain the new IP address and other necessary information.
- Set on ps4, Settings>Network>Select Connect to the Internet, enter the advanced settings, and manually configure the IP address, default gateway, subnet mask, DNS and other information provided by uu.
- After the acceleration is complete, you can start downloading the game.
4. Turn on rest mode
Make your Ps4 run in rest mode to increase its download speed. This is a mode in which the console is in a low-power state and other services are turned off. In this way, your Ps4 will finish downloading faster so that you can start playing the game. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to enable rest mode in Ps4.
1. Go to the main dashboard, scroll up to the right, select “Toolbox”, and open the settings.
2. Navigate down to the “Power Saving Settings” option and open it.
3. Go to the “Set functions available in rest mode” option and click on it.
4. In the window that appears, go to “Keep Connected to the Internet” and check the box to continue downloading when Ps4 is in rest mode.
5. Change DNS
Another effective way to increase Ps4 downloads is to change or switch its DNS settings. This is a guide on how to change DNS on Ps4.
1. Go to your main dashboard, scroll up to the right, select “Toolbox”, and open settings
2. Go to the “Network” option and open it
3. Go to the “Set up Internet Connection” option and turn it on
4. If your device is connected to a modem, or Ps4’s “Use Wi-Fi” option to connect to a wireless network, please select the “Use LAN cable” option.
5. When finished, select the “Custom” option to switch DNS settings
6. When the IP address setting screen appears, select “Auto Option”.
7. Select the “Do Not Specify” option
8. Go to the “Manual” option
9. When prompted, enter the primary and secondary IP addresses of the DNS server you want to use. This will increase the speed of Ps4 compared to using the default settings. I suggest you use the following DNS addresses:
Preferred DNS: 22.214.171.124 Alternate DNS: 126.96.36.199
Preferred DNS: 188.8.131.52 Alternate DNS: 184.108.40.206
Preferred DNS: 192.168.63.1 Alternate DNS: 220.127.116.11
Preferred DNS: 18.104.22.168 Alternate DNS: 22.214.171.124
The acceleration effect is generally suitable for downloading small games, and the speed is not very stable. It is best to try multiple times to find the most suitable DNS address.
10. After setting up DNS, scroll to the bottom and select “Next” so that you can access the MTU settings.
11. Select the “Auto” option on the screen that appears.
12. Go to the proxy server page and select the “Do not use” option.
13. Test the download speed on the next page to see if it improves. Click the “Test Internet Connection” option.
Sometimes the download may freeze, you can wait forever to prepare your game in your Ps4 console. However, you can speed up the device by pausing the download progress and then resuming it. This way, the download process will be faster and you don’t have to wait for hours to enjoy the game.
7. Pause other download tasks
If you run multiple download tasks at the same time, your Ps4 will slow down. The download speed will be divided among all tasks, and they will take longer than you expect. Therefore, you should pause other download tasks from different devices and pause other games. This way, you can dedicate all download speeds to games you want to prepare quickly.
8. Configure the proxy server
If the above method does not work, you can also configure a proxy server to speed up Ps4. However, you must have a working proxy on your computer to configure the proxy server in Ps4.
Once the proxy is ready on your computer, check and write down the IP address and proxy server port, as you need them to configure the proxy server Ps4. This is a guide on how to configure the PlayStation 4 proxy.
- Go to the main dashboard, scroll up to the right, select “Toolbox”, and open the settings.
- Go to the “Network” option and open it.
- In the steps that appear, go to “Set up the Internet” and select “Connect to the Internet”.
- Choose your connection method “Use Wi-Fi” (wireless) or “Use LAN”, wired.
- On the page that appears, select “Custom”.
- Select the wireless connection you want to use. Enter your password, select “Finish” and “OK”.
- Leave DHCP hostname Set in “Not specify,” on “DNS Settings” automatic, And “MTU setting” automatic.
- Now you can continue to set up the proxy server.
- Go to “Proxy Server” and select “Use”.
- On the proxy page that appears, enter the “IP address” and “port number”. (The one you set on the proxy server.” Click the “Next” option at the bottom of the page.
- Scroll to the right and click on the “Save Settings” option. You can follow the prompts to run the test. Now your Ps4 is connected to your proxy server.
9. Update PS4 firmware
The firmware of the PS is similar to the BIOS of the motherboard. It is the system of the PS host. To a certain extent, the latest firmware can improve the performance of the hardware, thereby increasing the download speed. Below are two methods on how to update Ps4 firmware.
Automatically update PS4
It is best to enable the automatic download option so that software updates can be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Use the Ps4 controller to select the “Settings” option.
- Select the “Power Saving Settings” option.
- On the page that appears, select “Set functions available in rest mode”.
- Check the boxes in all options, as shown below, and you are done.
Manually update PS4
This will help if you first check for available updates to download and install them. Please note that Ps4 should not be closed or unplugged during update.
- Use the Ps4 controller to select the “Settings” option.
- Go to the “System Software Update” option.
- On the page that opens, select “Update Now”.
- If there is an update available, please select “Next” and wait for the download to complete.
- When prompted, click “Accept” on the license agreement.
- Allow your Ps4 to restart immediately during or after installing the update.
Now you know. You don’t have to wait for Ps4 download to take a long time without doing anything. Instead, you should try the above techniques to speed up the download and prepare the game. It is good to combine several methods to obtain the desired result. Remember, you don’t even need to spend a penny to use the above techniques to increase the download speed of Ps4.