Has someone used an anonymous account to blackmail, insult or hack your Instagram account? Or are you a salesperson and want to deal with your Instagram followers in a personalized way? Then discover a secret, you can track the IP and location of the target person.
As internet platforms grow, so do hackers or fraudsters escalating their cybercrime. Every now and then there are reports of people complaining about their accounts being hacked on social media. Still, the company is tracking the IPs of its Instagram followers to contact customers and promote their wares.
Wondering how to follow these people on Instagram? we support you!
Use an IP grabber
There are developed websites such as catch or IP Logger The IP addresses of their targets are being tracked. You need to trick the person into a picture, video or funny post. But you have to wait for that person to respond, which takes time. Once the other person clicks, you are ready to go.
Anyway, read the steps below to know your target IP.
step 1: Determines the website link to invite the target to click. It could be a video or an Instagram post. Note that you should have a link clickable in this context.
Step 2: When you use an Instagram link, go to the post or video and copy its link.
Step 3: Paste the URL into the Create URL icon on Instagram. First, you must confirm that you are not a robot and accept the terms of service. Once this is done, a link will be generated for you.
Step 4: Choose to shorten the URL, as this person may suspect URLs with the Instagram domain. You can choose a Grabify site or an IP logger.
Step 5: (Assuming you’re using Grabify) Switch to your browser, search for the Grabify website, and hit enter.
Step 6: Scroll down on the Grabify IP Logger site and find the dialog that says “Enter a valid URL or tracking code”.
Step 7: Paste the originally copied Instagram URL into this dialog.
Step 8: Below this dialog you will find two options: “Create URL” and “Tracking Code”.Click the Create URL tab and wait for the system to load
Step 9: The Grabify IP Logger will load the URL you requested and configure it as the generated Grabify IP Logger URL.
Step 10: You can also customize the generated tracking links to suit your needs. So click on the “other link icon” on that platform and you’ll open many different domains like goo.gl, 7.ly, 5.gp, tiny.cc, etc. Alternatively, open “Custom Link Maker Selection” and select the domain as “Fetch Links”. Scroll to the “Extensions Tab Below” to select image formats such as CSV, HTML, and GIF.
Step 11: Go back to your Instagram account and inbox the person. It helps if you start the conversation with a simple chat. The conversation should be persuasive and not make you doubt your intentions.
Step 12: During the conversion process, send and invite him to click on a video or post that embeds the generated Grabify link.
Step 13: The person immediately clicks your link, returns to the Grabify link and refreshes it. You’ll find the target’s IP address on the bottom page of the Results icon.
In addition to knowing the destination IP address, you can use the following methods to identify other details such as location, area code, phone or computer, and residence.
- On that note, go back to the Grabify home page and click the IP Track code option.
- Paste the IP address result obtained from Grabify and press Enter. You’d be surprised that an individual’s address and other details will show up. Note that you can use other IP logger sites to track this person’s IP.
- Also, activate the smart recorder icon you find in the link info. Then refresh the page again. You’ll be surprised how many more details of that person will continue to appear.
Use the command prompt
Create a tracking link using the method above. You get nothing unless someone clicks on it. There is a better way. Just make sure you’re chatting online with the person you’re following.
Step1: Chat online with the person you want to track.
Step2: Close other running programs to make sure only the programs you want appear.
Step 3: Press “Win+R” to open the command prompt window.
Step4: Enter ‘cmd’, OK.
Step5: Enter the “netstat-an” command and execute it, then you will see the IP address.
Step 6: Use IPlocation.net Follow up and you will find the person’s detailed IP address information.
Why track someone else’s Instagram IP address?
- Your account may be hacked and used to spread rumors, hate or deceive others. There are even people who can use fake Instagram accounts to insult you, blackmail you, or harass you. You can use the authorities to catch the culprit through these tracking sites. This information can also become a court asset when you sue the person for defamation, fraud or extortion.
- Beyond that, you can confront the person directly and warn him not to interfere with your account. Your last option should be to block or blacklist this person from accessing your Instagram account and other accounts associated with you.
- In an active account, you can track the IP addresses of your Instagram followers to market your products to potential customers based on their location. Typically, most companies use this strategy to identify market niches and understand the tastes and preferences of their online audience.
- Additionally, tracking Instagram IP addresses enables customized marketing of products. You can chill, text, or call your Instagram followers to convince them to buy your product. Also, visit their premises to promote your goods and services.
1. Is Grabify legal?
Yes, it’s legal because they have a license to perform IP tracking tasks. Even big companies like Google, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and others allow Grabify to use their customers’ URLs for IP tracking. Still, government authorities can use Grabify to track and catch cyber offenders and other criminals.
2. How to keep your IP address from being tracked?
Even with Grabify and other IP tracking sites, you can use proxies and VPNs to hide your IP address from them. On top of that, rotating residential proxies mask your identity through a plethora of other proxies. You can switch as many proxies as you want and appear invisible and ubiquitous in your Instagram tracking.
Sometimes a leak can happen and the proxy can no longer save you. In this case, Tor and VPNs encrypt your data, leaks are encoded, and no one will know about your online activities. Tor is a unique browser with strong encryption that relays its signals through Tor’s servers, making it difficult for online trackers to find you.
3. Will Instagram ban me from using Grabify?
No, Instagram can’t ban you because Grabify is licensed software and they shorten their URLs appropriately. However, if there is a problem with your URL, Instagram can block it.These incorrect URLs include
- Links for Spammers
- URL with authorized content
- Optimized URLs with lengthy domains that make it unclear who you are linking to.
- Fake websites or misspelled URL domains
4. Are there any click restrictions on links created by Grabify?
No, the link contains GDPR approved and licensed standardized domains. Grabify also uses these links in authorized content and does not allow spam links or malicious URL domains. Popular sites like Facebook, Gmail, YouTube or Instagram will not allow Grabify links to be generated if Grabify has a click limit.
I hope you know how to spot someone who is making fun of you or violating your privacy through your Instagram account. Practice this exercise now! Just copy any of your followers’ urns like a friend and search using the methods you see on Grabify. You will be amazed at the results you see. It’s a way of saying no to cyberbullying and fraud.
For those who track IP addresses from Instagram followers to generate business leads, they have to be careful. It helps if you do this exercise professionally, unless you don’t want someone to sue you for violating their privacy.